CelloPhant Cello Bow Holder - suitable for French style bow and from age 3 to adult.
The Cellophant instantly positions and supports the fingers holding the bow. The various anatomical features of the elephant, such as toenails and legs, allow the cellist to feel reference points, giving consistent bow holds from practice to practice. The size of the CelloPhant ® accessory allows an open, relaxed hand, and the circle of the elephant's trunk directs a flexible thumb toward the intersection of the frog and stick, with alternate placements if desired.
Whilst bow technique varies widely amongst players, all agree a primary focus of the cello bow hold is lack of tension and a flexible thumb and fingers which this accessory addresses. The flexible-use design of this accessory allows for differences - an alternative thumb location is to roll the thumb tip around the elephant's cheek (or between cheek and ear); and young ring fingers like to rest on the top edge of the elephant's leg. The best tone results when the bow is rested on the string before the right hand is placed.
The accessory also is designed to deliberately add a touch of weight to assist beginning players to achieve a bit more effortless tone.
Available in several colours, please select from drop-down
Features & Benefits:
- Size helps an open, relaxed hand
- Index finger rests on bow normally
- Directs thumb toward intersection of frog and stick with alternative thumb placements for young hands
- Pads of fingers have choice of resting places
- Adds a touch of weight for fuller tone
- Flexible Use: one size for ages 3 - Adult
- Fits all bow sizes
- Made in the USA
- Manufactured of the finest medical grade silicone rubber
- No latex allergy concerns
- Durable & Dishwasher Safe